Super Business Mom
Clearly, moms that set up their businesses at home choose to be there to work in their most comfortable time, and of course to spend time with kids.
It is important to keep the home business a success. But how? With children demanding for mommy's time, working time is compromised.
Here's where time management comes in. It may be common to sneak work hours during the kid's nap time and sleeping time but is it really enough?
Here are tips on how to manage time efficiently for the benefit of the moms, the kids, the house and their businesses.
1. Mom's should identify activities that look like they're important but they're not. In other words, time-wasters. TV time or a little chit chat with fellow gal pals are a bit distracting but can be done at a more convenient time. These should be eliminated or be managed.
2. Keep a timer. It comes in handy when informing the child when playtime with mom is already available. It also helps in keeping track of finished tasks or if one wants to accomplish house chores or work faster.
3. Develop a routine for both household chore and business activity. Having a good one means smooth-sailing days ahead. Set limits as to which activities that can and cannot be done.
4. Make shopping and meal prep easy. Doing a scheduled monthly or weekly shopping will help save time and cash. Making sure that the list is complete saves a lot rather than making an extra trip to the store every time something is missing. One dish meals that requires the use of the crock pot is good.
5. Know the things that you need first before going online. This saves a lot of time rather than surfing aimlessly and go nowhere. If net searching is such a task, teenage children can be of use or plainly hire a virtual assistant.
6. Group like activities. If some of the papers need filing or some e-mails need to be responded to, allot time for it to prevent from switching from one task to another.
7. Scrutinize steps being employed to check if it is helping at all or not.
8. It does not cost a fortune and it helps make the job done quicker. It's a win-win situation for mommies. Kids and baby sitter!
9. A laptop plus wireless internet connection can come in handy. Sitting out front or hang out at the park to watch kids play is a big advantage.
Time management is integral to every mom and is important to succeed in business and fulfill responsibilities for the home and kids as well.